Care Navigation is to help patients receive the right care by the right health professional.
Reception staff may ask you some questions when booking an appointment; they have been trained to Care Navigate.
Reception may signpost you to an alternative healthcare service. You could be signposted to a:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- First for Wellbeing
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS)
- Sexual Health in Young People
- Paediatric Specialist
It is the patient’s choice, If you feel you need to see a GP you will still be able to do so.
If you are Care Navigated to the:
- Pharmacy - This is because your problem can be treated Over The Counter
- Nurse Practitioner - If you have a Minor Illness, you will be offered an appointment in-house with our Nurse Practitioner.
- IAPT - Adults aged 17/5 years and over with mild to moderate depression and / or anxiety. You will be given a contact number to call them directly.
- First for Wellbeing - This team offer lifestyle advice, you will be given a contact number to call them directly.
- BPAS - Is the UK's leading abortion care service, you will be given a contact number to call them directly.
- Sexual Health - If you are under 25 years old you can obtain FREE Emergency Hormonal Contraception from a number of community Pharmacies.You will be given a contact number. If you are aged 15-24 you can take a FREE chlamydia test. This can be done either in-house or again you will be given a contact number.
- Paediatric Specialist - If you have a child under the age of 5 who is unwell, you may be offered an appointment with a Paediatric Specialist. They are based in Wellingborough.
- Physiotherapist - If you are aged 18 years and over and suffer with any muscle / joint / tendon problems, you may be offered an appointment with a Physiotherapist. They are based in Wellingborough.