Does your GP know you look after someone?
If you help a family member or friend because of their physical, mental ill health, frailty, disability or substance misuse…then you are a Carer!
If you look after someone you are at a higher risk of becoming ill yourself
Why it’s important to let your GP know?
- It will be recorded in your notes – important in case you become unwell - helps protect the person(s) you look after
- You should be offered a Flu Jab
- You are eligible for a regular Health Check
- You may be offered more Flexible Appointments
Northamptonshire Carers Can Offer:
- Provides a gateway to Information and Support
- Carers Assessment
- Northamptonshire Carers offer different activities such as: Choir, Ukulele, Fishing Groups
- Support Workers based within Mental Health Teams
- Dementia Care Advice Service
- Support for Parent Carers
- Peer Support from Other Carers
- Dedicated Young Carer and Young Adult Carer Teams
- Support Groups and Carer Cafes
- Teams based in Northampton and Kettering General Hospital
Ask a member of the practice staff how to register or contact Northamptonshire Carers on the below contact details. When self referring, please inform them your GP Practice has advised you to contact them.
Tel: 01933 677907 or visit www.northamptonshire-carers.org