Summerlee Medical Centre is looking for new members to join its patient participation group, if you are interested then please either contact the surgery on 01933 682203 or complete the attached form below and return this to the medical centre.
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
At Irchester Surgery and Summerlee Medical Centre, we strive to deliver the best service possible to all of our patients. To help us achieve this aim, we hold quarterly meetings with a few of our patients to discuss topics related to the GP Surgery, and ways that we can improve our services. This is known at the Patient Participation Group (PPG).
Aims and Achievements of the Patient Participation Group
As stated above the group is made up of patients who are registered at the GP Surgery, who wish to work together with the staff to help and improve our services. These meetings help to build a two-way relationship between the practice staff and the patients.
- Noticeboard added to the waiting area to inform patients of GP waiting times.
- Patient Survey, collecting feedback from patients in the waiting room.
- A few PPG members also attended the GP Surgery to take a fresh look at the posters, and what is being advertised to keep them neat and up to date.
- Website updated as discussed.
- Patient information screen recommended, currently in progress.
- To help with confidentiality, background music is now played in the waiting room.
We recently discussed the confidentiality issue we have within the GP Surgery. Unfortunately we are a very small practice and the waiting room is close to the reception. To try and help resolve this issue, the chairs in the waiting room have been turned around and pushed a little bit further back away from the reception area. We have also discussed the option of protection screens. This is still an ongoing issue.
Join the Patient Participation Group?
We are always looking to increase the size of our PPG.
If you would like to join our PPG – please either speak to the administration staff at either site, and ask them for a form or please fill out the registration form below. This will need to be completed and returned. Once the completed form has been bought back it will be passed to the Practice Manager who will , with your permission, pass your information over the chair of the PPG.
Registration Form (PDF, 300KB)