Your Data, Privacy and the Law.
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
· We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
· Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
· We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services
· Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
· Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
· We share information when the law requires us to, for instance when we are inspected or are reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
· Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
· We may also share medical records for medical research
UPDATE JUNE 2021
NHS Digital has issued a Data Provision Notice for Planning and Research. This means GP surgeries are required to share patient information with them unless a patient opts out.
For more information please visit: Overview – Choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Please click the following link if you wish to Opt-Out: Opt-out-Form.pdf (civicmc.nhs.uk). Please complete the form and return to us your GP Surgery.
If you do not want NHS Digital to share your data with anyone else for purposes beyond your own care, then you can also register a National Data Opt-Out via the NHS website.
If you would like to opt-out then please remember to complete the form(s) before 1st September 2021